Latest Digestion News
- Tens of Thousands of Virus Species Living in Gut
- Why Wait Times for Donor Kidneys Not Improving?
- Neanderthal Poop Clue to Modern Humans Microbiome
- Doubt on 'Early Warning' System for Kidney Patient
- 5-Step Healthy Living Plan Ease Chronic Heartburn
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
The National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse says potential ways to manage Crohn's include:
- Taking medication prescribed by your doctor.
- Having surgery to help alleviate symptoms, and sometimes to remove a portion of the intestines.
- Following a healthy, well-balanced diet and avoiding foods that may trigger symptoms.
- Avoiding smoking.
- Managing stress.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.