(HealthDay News) -- Caring for a premature baby, born before 37 weeks' gestation, requires extra care and attention.
Latest Healthy Kids News
The American Academy of Pediatrics says new parents of preemies should ask these questions before leaving the hospital:
- What special care will I need to give baby at home?
- What should trigger a call to the doctor's office, or a trip to the hospital?
- How will I know if baby is eating and sleeping enough, and gaining enough weight?
- Do I need to give baby any medication?
- How frequently will I need to bring baby in for a checkup?
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.