(HealthDay News) -- You may develop hearing loss if your inner ear or auditory nerve is damaged, or something builds up in your ears and prevents the passage of sound waves.
Latest Hearing News
The womenshealth.gov website mentions these common causes of hearing loss:
- Being exposed over long periods to loud noise.
- Having certain infections or illnesses.
- Taking certain medications.
- Suffering a major blow or injury to the head.
- Having a family history of hearing loss.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.