(HealthDay News) -- Dealing with the early stages of Alzheimer's disease can be frustrating as you struggle to maintain your memory.
Latest Alzheimer's News
The Alzheimer's Association offers these suggestions for coping with memory loss:
- Create a schedule of daily tasks (meals, bedtime, etc.). Ask someone to call to remind you about activities such as taking medications or doctor's appointments.
- Fill out a book with important information, including contacts, appointments and your address.
- Near the phone post a list, written in large print, of important phone numbers.
- Ask a loved one to help organize your medications.
- Keep a calendar and mark off each day as it passes.
- Make sure your closets and drawers are well-organized, so you can find the things you need.
- Post reminders around your home to lock doors and turn off appliances.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.