(HealthDay News) -- Restless legs syndrome causes uncomfortable sensations in the legs and the strong desire to move the legs during rest or inactivity.
The National Sleep Foundation mentions these lifestyle changes that may help control RLS symptoms:
- Decrease consumption of alcohol, caffeine and tobacco.
- Take an iron supplement as directed.
- Stick to a regular sleep schedule.
- Maintain a regular exercise routine.
- Soak in a hot bath.
- Treat the legs to a gentle massage, an ice pack or a heating pad.
Latest Neurology News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter