Latest Digestion News
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics says while the cause of IBS isn't understood, there are things you can do to help prevent or manage symptoms:
- Adhere to a regular dining schedule, eating small meals throughout the day, instead of a few large ones.
- Eat slowly and thoroughly chew food.
- Eat foods that are high in fiber, including fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol.
- Keep a food diary to help figure out which foods trigger your IBS.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.