Latest Chronic Pain News
(HealthDay News) -- Back pain is common among new moms, who always seem to be lifting and carrying their newborns.
- Start exercising in short bursts as soon as you can after you give birth.
- Make an effort to get back to your pre-pregnancy weight within six weeks of delivery.
- When you pick up your baby, don't twist your body. Hold baby close to you. Bend at the knees, squat down and lift with your legs.
- Carry baby with a front carrier; never carry baby on your hip.
- Nurse baby in an upright chair. Bring baby to your breast, rather than bending over.
- When putting baby in a car seat, kneel in the backseat, rather than standing upright outside the car.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.