(HealthDay News) -- Getting your youngster to go to sleep is the most stressful time of day for many parents. But it doesn't have to be.
Latest Healthy Kids News
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests how to help tackle toddlers' sleep troubles:
- Create, a consistent, quiet and relaxing bedtime routine.
- Let your child take a favorite stuffed animal or blanket to bed.
- Offer your child a drink of water or a night light to make sure he or she is comfortable.
- Don't allow your toddler to sleep in your bed.
- Don't enter your child's room every time the child cries.
- Be patient, and realize that good sleep habits can take time to develop.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.