(HealthDay News) -- If your kids are easily bored with the lunches you pack for school, try adding a little pizzazz (and nutrition) to the boring brown bag.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests how to make packed lunches more exciting for your kids:
- Have a meeting when you plan out the week's lunches together.
- Include special treats to celebrate special days; for example, pack red foods for Valentine's Day.
- Pack new foods that your kids seem interested in.
- Pack extras to share with friends, which could encourage a picky eater.
- Buy some fun storage gear that will keep foods insulated.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.