Latest Oral Health News
The association mentions these potential oral health problems that can be caused by chewing tobacco:
- Increased risk of oral cancer.
- Increased risk of periodontal (gum) disease, possibly causing tooth loss and tooth sensitivity.
- Difficulty healing after a dental procedure.
- Limited treatment options for dental care, such as a dental implant.
- Staining of the teeth and tongue, as well as bad breath.
- Reduced ability to taste and smell.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.