Latest Diabetes News
- Insulin typically is stored in the refrigerator, but it may be more painful when injected this way. Insulin stored at room temperature will last about a month.
- Don't keep your insulin in extremely hot or extremely cold temperatures.
- Never keep insulin in the car, in direct sunlight or in the freezer.
- Check the bottle's expiration date, and discard any insulin that's expired.
- Inspect the bottle before inserting the syringe to make sure the insulin looks as it should.
- Don't use insulin that has formed any crystals or clumps.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.