(HealthDay News) -- Everyone knows it's important to eat a lot of vegetables. But how can you eat more of these healthy foods without upsetting your routine?
Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
The American Dietetic Association offers these suggestions:
- Top your favorite pizza with zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, green peppers or broccoli.
- Lunch on a whole-wheat wrap filled with roasted vegetables.
- Instead of chips, dip crunchy veggies into some low-fat salad dressing.
- Throw some veggie kabobs on the grill.
- Top salads with extra veggies, such as carrots or grape tomatoes.
- Keep a stash of pre-cut veggies on hand for snacks and meals.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.