Latest Diabetes News
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons offers these footcare suggestions for people with diabetes:
- Avoid walking barefoot to reduce the risk of injury.
- Carefully wash your feet with warm water and gentle soap each day, making sure the water isn't too hot and that you carefully dry your feet.
- Moisturize the skin on your feet frequently.
- Keep toenails trimmed. Cut them straight across to help prevent ingrown nails.
- Avoid using over-the-counter medications, antiseptic solutions, anything sharp or heating pads on your feet.
- Keep your feet warm at all times.
- Don't smoke.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.