(HealthDay News) -- If you're diabetic and preparing to head out for the holidays, take care to carefully pack your medications and supplies.
Latest Diabetes News
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these suggestions:
- Pack twice as much medication and supplies as you'll need, in case there are delays in returning home.
- Pack glucose tablets/gel and some snacks.
- Carry an emergency contact number, your doctor's name and phone, and your insurance card.
- Bring a medical identification card that identifies you as being diabetic.
- Pay attention to time zones and adjust your medication schedule accordingly.
- Pack an emergency glucagon kit.
- Pack insulin in an insulated bag with some ice packs.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.