(HealthDay News) -- A relationship doesn't have to be plagued by physical abuse to be unhealthy. Emotional abuse can take an enormous toll on your physical and emotional health.
The womenshealth.gov website mentions these signs of an unhealthy relationship:
- Making your partner the focus of all of your energy.
- Cutting ties with family or friends, or quitting activities that you enjoyed.
- Frequently feeling as though you're being controlled or pressured.
- Noting that there are more bad times than good ones in the relationship.
- Feeling afraid or sad when around your partner.
Latest Mental Health News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Depression Newsletter