(HealthDay News) -- Exercises that help relax your mind and body may offer a number of physical and emotional benefits. An example is controlled breathing exercises that can help you calm down.
The Cleveland Clinic mentions these possible benefits of mind-body exercises:
- A reduction in anxiety and better control of pain.
- Improved sleep.
- Reduced need for pain medications after surgery.
- Fewer post-surgical complications, shorter hospital stays and faster recovery.
- A stronger immune system.
- Improved feeling of well-being and a greater sense of control.
Latest Mental Health News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Depression Newsletter