Latest Pregnancy News
The National Sleep Foundation offers these suggestions to help pregnant women get a better night's sleep:
- Once you reach the third trimester, sleep on your left side. Avoid lying flat on your back for long periods.
- Drink lots of fluids during the day, but limit fluids before bedtime.
- Snack during the day on bland foods, and avoid any foods that trigger heartburn.
- Sleep with special "pregnancy pillows" or use extra regular pillows, especially if you have heartburn.
- Take naps during the day, and practice relaxation techniques for better sleep.
- Talk to your doctor if you have insomnia.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors