Latest Mental Health News
(HealthDay News) -- If you think you may have an anxiety disorder -- characterized by an intense fear of a person, place or situation -- you should visit your doctor to have your condition evaluated and confirmed.
- Join a support or self-help group.
- Take anti-anxiety medication that your doctor prescribes. Do not stop the medication before you speak with your doctor.
- Share your feelings and experiences with a mental health professional or clergy member.
- Practice meditation or another form of stress management.
- Get regular aerobic exercise.
- Avoid caffeine, illegal drugs and over-the-counter cold medications.
- Seek support of family members and close friends.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.