Latest Pregnancy News
The U.S. National Library of Medicine says risk factors for ectopic pregnancy include:
- Scarring or an infection in the fallopian tubes.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Scarring from a pelvic surgery.
- Complications from a ruptured appendix.
- A birth defect affecting the fallopian tubes.
- Being older than age 35.
- Having had many sexual partners.
- In rare cases, having become pregant while using an intrauterine device (IUD)
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors