Medical Definition of Dysfunction
Dysfunction: Difficult function or abnormal function.
There is, for example:
- Constitutional hepatic dysfunction, (familial nonhemolytic jaundice),
- Dental dysfunction (abnormal functioning of dental structures),
- Minimal brain dysfunction (attention deficit disorder),
- Placental dysfunction (dysmature placenta),
- Psychosexual dysfunction, and
- Sexual dysfunction (a disturbance of sexual functioning).
- Erectile dysfunction is a consistent inability to sustain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter