Latest Digestion News
(HealthDay News) -- Pancreatitis occurs when the pancreas, a gland near the stomach that helps you digest food, becomes inflamed.
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests how to help manage pancreatitis:
- Follow your doctor's recommendations and directions exactly as prescribed.
- Create and follow a diet plan that focuses on low-fat, healthy food choices.
- Don't smoke or drink alcohol.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Work with a counselor if your pancreatitis is triggering symptoms of depression.
- Create goals that focus on relieving pain and managing stress.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors