Latest Eyesight News
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests how to avoid a corneal abrasion when there's something in your eye:
- Don't rub the eye to remove a foreign object.
- Rinse the eye with water or optical saline solution to try to flush out the object.
- Blink frequently.
- Gently pull your upper eyelid over the lower eyelid.
- If the object is on the white of your eye, use a clean cotton tissue or swab to carefully lift it off.
- Call the doctor if you can't remove the object.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.