(HealthDay News) -- Driving on wet, slick roads can be an accident waiting to happen.
The U.S. National Safety Council suggests how to drive safely in the rain:
- Drive carefully and slowly, particularly when coming around a turn.
- In the event of a skid, pump the brakes lightly, rather than slamming on the brakes.
- Make sure tires are correctly inflated.
- Check the tread to be sure it's in good shape, and replace worn tires promptly.
- Avoid driving in puddles.
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter