Latest MedicineNet News
The U.S. National Library of Medicine offers these suggestions for managing itchy skin:
- Don't scratch; trim your fingernails short to avoid the temptation and help prevent infection.
- Sleep in lightweight, loose and cool pajamas.
- Soak in a lukewarm oatmeal bath, and follow up with a rich moisturizer.
- Place a cold compress on itchy skin.
- Avoid exposing skin to too much heat and humidity, such as a lengthy hot shower.
- Use an over-the-counter antihistamine such as Benadryl (but this could make you drowsy), or apply a hydrocortisone cream.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
CONTINUE SCROLLING FOR NEXT NEWS ARTICLE