Latest MedicineNet News
(HealthDay News) -- Any car travel requires preparation, especially those extended trips behind the wheel.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons offers these suggestions before driving long distances:
- Use a map or guidance system to plot your route, marking the exits, approximate mileage and major landmarks.
- The night before your trip, get plenty of sleep.
- Pack a bottle of water and a first aid kit.
- Make sure the windshield, headlights and taillights are clean.
- Maintain your car consistently, and make sure it's running well before you leave.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.