Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests how you can limit added sugar:
- Cut back on candy, desserts, baked goodies and other sweet treats.
- Stick to fresh and healthy foods, such as vegetables, fruit, whole grains and lean forms of protein.
- Drink water instead of sweetened drinks.
- Avoid foods that are processed.
- Opt for lower-sugar recipes when baking.
- Substitute applesauce (unsweetened) or an artificial sweetener, instead of sugar.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.