Latest Diabetes News
(HealthDay News) -- Everyone wants to live a healthier lifestyle, but where do you begin?
The American Diabetes Association says you can't do everything at once. It suggests taking these small steps toward a healthier you:
- Make just one change at a time, and only when you're ready. Reaching all of your goals may take months, even years.
- Acknowledge that you have some bad habits that you'll need to work hard to change.
- Decide why it's important for you to make these changes, whether it's for yourself or for your family or friends.
- Start with one simple change that will make a difference, such as taking a daily 15-minute walk instead of watching TV.
- Create realistic goals and set deadlines. Make sure you meet those goals, and reward yourself appropriately.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.