Latest Skin News
The American Academy of Dermatology suggests these possible treatment options:
- Prescription or over-the-counter antiperspirants.
- Immersing hands and feet into cool water and adding a special medical device that delivers very low-voltage electrical current (iontophoresis).
- Injection of diluted botulinum toxin type A at appropriate spots on the body.
- Oral medication to help suppress overactive sweat glands.
- A surgical treatment that interrupts the nervous system's interaction with the sweat glands (sympathectomy).
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.