Latest Exercise & Fitness News
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these weight-training suggestions:
- Work with an instructor to learn the proper way to lift weights.
- Establish goals.
- Always start with a warm-up and end with a cool-down.
- Always lift with spotters.
- Don't lift if it hurts you.
- Avoid working the same muscles more than three times per week.
- Never lift weights that feel too heavy to be lifted safely.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter