(HealthDay News) -- You and your athletic child should keep some safety rules in mind before the game starts.
The Nemours Foundation offers these suggestions to help keep kids safe:
- Make sure kids always wear protective gear that's appropriate for the game. Examples may include goggles, a helmet, mouth guard or knee pads.
- Make sure the gear is properly maintained.
- Try to ensure that the playing surface is in good shape.
- Kids' sports should always be carefully supervised by an adult.
- Make sure your child understands the rules and basics of the sport, and that the sport isn't too challenging for the child.
Latest Healthy Kids News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.