(HealthDay News) -- A swimming pool can be deadly, especially to young children. But setting mandatory rules can help keep kids safe.
Latest Healthy Kids News
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests these rules to promote swimming pool safety:
- Don't allow diving in a pool that isn't sufficiently deep.
- When not swimming, store all toys away from the pool.
- Don't allow tricycles or other riding toys near the pool.
- Don't allow children to run around on the pool deck.
- After using a blow-up pool, empty it of water.
- Don't allow electrical appliances near the pool.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.