Latest Pregnancy News
- Choose shoes that offer good support in the arch and have low, but not flat, heels.
- Get someone to help you when you're lifting anything heavy.
- Prop up one foot on a box or low stool when you're standing for a long time.
- Put a board beneath your mattress if it's soft. Make sure you don't lift the mattress by yourself.
- To lift objects, squat with your knees bent and your back straight.
- Use a chair that provides support for your back, or tuck a little pillow behind your lower back.
- If you sleep on your side, place a pillow between your knees.
- Treat yourself to a light back massage, or apply a heating pad or a cold pack to the lower back.
- Ask your doctor about performing exercises to strengthen the back muscles.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.