Latest Asthma News
The U.S. National Library of Medicine suggests how to help prevent exercise-induced asthma:
- Wear a scarf across your mouth and breathe through your nose when exercising outside in cold, dry air.
- Avoid exercising when air pollution is high.
- Avoid exercising near lawns that have just been mowed.
- Always warm up at the beginning of your workout and cool down at the end.
- Try sports that may not aggravate asthma as much as others, such as swimming or baseball.
- Avoid sports that involve constant movement, such as basketball, running or soccer.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Allergy and Asthma Newsletter