(HealthDay News) -- Even if you're rushing out the door to get kids to school, be sure to make time for a family breakfast.
The Nemours Foundations says starting the day with a healthy breakfast can offer these benefits:
- It helps provide the body with enough energy to start the day.
- It raises the likelihood that children will be more physically active.
- It helps stabilize metabolism, mood and energy levels.
- It can suppress mid-morning hunger that would likely promote snacking on higher-calorie foods.
- It makes kids likely to miss fewer days of school.
Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.