Latest Diabetes News
(HealthDay News) -- Neuropathy, or damage to the nerves, is a common complication among people with diabetes.
- Having been diabetic for a long time, having high blood sugar, abnormal levels of fats in the blood, or low insulin levels.
- Having damaged blood vessels that provide oxygen and nutrients to the nerves.
- Having nerve inflammation.
- Having genes that increase a person's risk for nerve disease.
- Having a history of alcohol use or smoking.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.