Latest Cold and Flu News
(HealthDay News) -- Even if you're considering using an over-the-counter cough medicine, there are certain warning signs that should prompt you to consult with your doctor first.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers this list:
- If you're running a fever.
- If you're having difficulty catching your breath.
- If you have a cough that's lasted more than several weeks.
- If you're wheezing while breathing or coughing.
- If you have a cough that seems to come and go.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.