Latest Arthritis News
- Rest your arm as much as possible, and avoid activities that could strain the shoulder.
- Get physical therapy.
- Apply moist heat to the shoulder.
- Take ibuprofen or aspirin.
- Apply ice to the shoulder several times a day for up to 30 minutes at a time.
- For rheumatoid arthritis, take medication as your doctor recommends.
- Some people find relief with supplements that combine chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine. But be sure to check with your doctor before you try such a supplement.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.