Latest Pregnancy News
(HealthDay News) -- Gestational diabetes refers to a diagnosis (usually for the first time) of diabetes while a woman is pregnant. The condition can lead to serious health problems for both the mother and infant.
- Having an immediate family member who has diabetes.
- Being black or of Asian American, American Indian, Hispanic or Pacific Island descent.
- Being 25 or older during pregnancy.
- Being overweight.
- Having had a prior case of gestational diabetes.
- Having had a baby who weighed more than 9 pounds at birth.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors