Latest Lungs News
The National Heart Lung and Blood Institute names these possible treatment options for COPD:
- Use an inhaled medication, including a bronchodilator or steroid drug.
- Attend pulmonary rehabilitation to help you learn how to manage symptoms.
- Exercise to improve strength and breathing.
- Quit smoking.
- Avoid pollution when possible.
- Use oxygen therapy.
- Have lung surgery to treat severe COPD.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Allergy and Asthma Newsletter