(HealthDay News) -- Baseball is a great way for kids and adults to get exercise and enjoy some beautiful weather. But as with any sport, wearing protective gear can help prevent injury.
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons offers these suggestions for protective gear while enjoying America's pasttime:
- All protective equipment should fit correctly.
- Batters at the plate, and those waiting to hit and running the bases, should always wear a batting helmet.
- Add face shields to batting helmets to further protect the face.
- Catchers should wear full protective gear, including shin guards, an athletic supporter, chest protection, a helmet and a face mask.
- Footwear should fit correctly and have cleats that are appropriate for a baseball field.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.