(HealthDay News) -- Your mother's edict that "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" is true, experts say.
The Nemours Foundation suggests how you can get a quick but healthy breakfast each morning:
- Fill your pantry with lots of healthy choices for breakfast.
- The night before, try to get as much ready as possible for breakfast. Have dishes and flatware out, get fruit cut up, and prepare as much as possible in advance.
- Wake everyone at least 10 minutes earlier than usual to make sure there's plenty of time to eat.
- Encourage the kids to participate in planning and making breakfast.
- Have quick, healthy breakfast options on hand when time has eluded you -- such as trail mix, yogurt, fruit or individual boxes of cereal.
Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.