(HealthDay News) -- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) includes a number of disorders that lead to an inflammation of the intestines.
Latest Digestion News
But IBD can affect much more than just the digestive system. The National Women's Health Information Center says IBD can contribute to these health problems:
- Arthritis and pain in the joints.
- Fractures and weakening of the bones.
- Problems with the eye, including inflammation.
- An inflamed liver.
- Gallstones or kidney stones.
- Skin ulcers or a red, bumpy rash.
- Problems with growth and delayed onset of puberty in children and teens.
- Problems with the lungs, although such cases are rare.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.