Latest Cancer News
The American Academy of Dermatology offers this list of common risk factors for melanoma:
- Having fair skin or skin that is otherwise sensitive to the sun.
- Having red or blond hair with blue or green eyes.
- Having more than 50 moles.
- Having abnormal or irregular moles, often that are typically large.
- Having a history of using tanning beds or being sunburned frequently.
- Having a family history of melanoma.
- Having a weakened immune system.
- Having a personal history of melanoma or other form of skin cancer.
- Being 50 or older.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.