Latest Cold and Flu News
The U.S. National Library of Medicine suggests how to help clear nasal congestion:
- Take an over-the-counter decongestant or antihistamine.
- Use a saline solution nasal spray.
- Run a humidifier or vaporizer to increase humidity.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on hot tea, broth or chicken soup.
- Sit upright and keep your head slightly elevated, as congestion can worsen when you lie down.
- Use nasal strips that help widen the nostrils and improve breathing.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter