Latest Skin News
The American Osteopathic College of Dermatology offers these suggestions to help prevent dry skin:
- Bathe no more than once daily, sticking to short (no more than 15 minutes) baths or showers with lukewarm water.
- Use a mild soap or gentle cleanser that won't dry the skin. Avoid deodorant soaps.
- Don't scrub the skin while bathing or drying.
- Apply a rich moisturizer as soon as you get out of the bath or shower.
- Use sunscreen daily.
- Use laundry detergent without fragrance, and avoid fabric softeners.
- Run a humidifier at home during the winter months.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 HealthDay. All rights reserved.