Latest MedicineNet News
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests what you can do to help slow the damage:
- Keep blood pressure below 130 over 80.
- Keep blood glucose under control.
- Eat a healthy diet and get daily exercise.
- Quit smoking.
- Don't take any new medications without first consulting with your doctor. This includes over-the-counter drugs, vitamins and herbal supplements.
- Don't miss any appointments with your doctor.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2010 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.