Latest Chronic Pain News
(HealthDay News) -- Bursitis of the hip is a painful condition that occurs when the bursa -- a small, cushiony sac overlying the hip -- becomes inflamed.
According to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, these are the common causes of hip bursitis:
- Overuse of the hip, often from activities such as biking, running, climbing stairs or standing up for long periods
- Having an injury to the hip, such as from a fall, bump or too much pressure
- Having had surgery on the hip
- Having calcium deposits or bone spurs
- Having diseases of the spine, including arthritis or scoliosis
- Having one leg that's shorter than the other
- Having rheumatoid arthritis
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2009 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.