Latest Sleep News
The U.S. National Library of Medicine offers these suggestions to minimize jet lag:
- Stick to a good bed time and sleep schedule before departing. Don't miss out on sleep in an attempt to beat jet lag.
- Adjust your bed time by a few hours before you leave, depending on which time zone to which you'll be traveling.
- If you're only traveling for a few days, don't worry about adjusting to a new time zone.
- Don't sleep on the flight, unless the flight includes your usual bed time.
- Don't consume alcohol or caffeine, but do drink plenty of fluids.
- Keep up with your exercise routine, just not too close to bed time.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2009 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.