Latest Alzheimer's News
- Sudoku, Crosswords Make Your Brain Years Younger
- Exercise, Healthy Eating Can Reduce Dementia Risk
- 'Robopets' Bring Companionship to Nursing Homes
- Hormone Therapy for Prostate Cancer, Dementia Risk
- Alzheimer's Spread Like an Infection Through Brain
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
The U.S. National Library of Medicine offers this list of treatable causes of dementia:
- Brain tumor.
- Low levels of vitamin B12.
- A condition called normal pressure hydrocephalus, when a build-up of fluid presses on the brain.
- Certain thyroid problems.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2009 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.