Caution: (Don't do this exercise if you have had a hip replacement, unless your surgeon approves.)
The double hip rotation exercise stretches the outer muscles of hips and thighs.
- Lie on your back with the knees bent and the feet flat on floor.
- Keeping your shoulders on the floor, with your knees bent and together, gently lower both knees to one side as far as possible without forcing them.
- Hold the position for 10 to 30 seconds, then bring knees back to center and repeat on opposite side.
- Repeat 3 to 5 times on each side.
- Don't do this exercise if you have had a hip replacement, unless your surgeon approves.
- Lie on floor, knees bent.
- Keep shoulders on floor at all times.
- Keeping knees together, lower legs to one side.
- Hold position.
- Return legs to upright position.
- Repeat toward other side.